Monday 27 February 2012

Download BBC shows on Linux with get_Iplayer



get_Iplayer is an easy way to download tv and radio from the bbc iplayer website.

get_iplayer can be downloaded from linuxcentre.net





the below command can be used to download TV or radio given the correct link.


sudo get_iplayer --get --type <type> --url=<url>


<type> - the type will either be 'tv' or 'radio' depending on what you wish to download.
<url> - to get the url its best if you click 'Link to this' button on Iplayer website.


This has been very useful for me as I'm constantly missing my favorite shows. Below I have added a very simple script:



#!/bin/bash
echo "tv or radio?"
read option
echo "PLease paste in you link for the content you wish to download:"
read url
get_iplayer --get --type $option --url=$url



this can be adapted to make a series link. I suggest looking into 'crontab' or the 'at' command

No comments:

Post a Comment